ROYAL INDIAN DEVOTE’S is an Enfield Riders Club. (“Club”) operates in committees (“Team). The Club is incorporated under charitable trust and is owned by its members, with membership open to any person eligible in accordance with the Club’s bylaws.
The core values adopted by the Club describe how the Club believes its Trustees, committee’s members, members and volunteers should act in order to accomplish the Club’s mission. The core values are the principles that the Club has identified to guide the behaviours of all persons associated with the Club. The core value statement of the Club is as follows:
As a successful Riders club we value:
- Our fans, sponsors and the community.
- A winning philosophy – in all our endeavours.
- Fairness and respect.
- Openness and accountability.
- Our tradition – past, present and future.
This Code of Conduct (“Code”) has been adopted by the Club as part of an overall set of conduct-related policies applicable to the Club itself, its Trustees, committee’s members, members and volunteers. . The club code principally addresses conduct occurring on the riding or during or related to a riding event. This Code is intended to have a wider application.
It is recognized that no written code of conduct can cover every situation; rather, the standards of conduct set out in this Code are stated in broad terms, indicating the general direction and rules by which conduct should be measured. It is expected that all riders will comply with the spirit as well as the letter of this Code of Conduct.
Where any person whose conduct is subject to this Code has any doubt about whether a particular course of action may or may not breach the Code, that person shall have access to the Clubs “ Conflict resolution, compliance management and legal committee” , for advice and consultation in order to determine the appropriate course of action. The Code is subject to all applicable privacy laws and is not intended to apply to matters where rights of personal privacy prevail under the law.
Scope of Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to , its Trustees, committees members, members and volunteers (“Club Riders”).
This Code of Conduct applies to Club Riders with respect to ride events and activities of Club Riders taking place in any public place or any other place where such events and activities are not of a purely personal and private nature.
This Code is based on the following fundamental beliefs held by the Club:
- That in all of the activities governed by this Code, Club Riders are commonly viewed as ambassadors and representatives of the Club and hence their conduct will reflect directly on the reputation and integrity of the Club itself.
- That Club Riders owe a duty of loyalty to the Club and should make every reasonable effort to act at all times in the best interests of the Club and the Team.
- That all Club Riders should treat other persons with whom they interact with respect and common courtesy.
- That individual Club Riders are responsible for their actions and should be held accountable for them.
Standards of Behaviour
This Code adopts the following basic standards to apply to the conduct of Club Riders within the scope of the Code:
All Club Riders should in all of their actions, be guided by and demonstrate the following:
- At all times, comply with the law and avoid any activity which breaches any applicable
- Act with honesty and integrity.
- In dealings with others, respect differences in ideas and opinions and avoid public confrontations or disputes.
- Respect and treat others fairly and with dignity and courtesy, regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.-
- Be in control of their actions at all times.
- Take responsibility for their actions.
In all activities governed by this Code, Club Riders must make special efforts to:
- Be in control of their physical actions and their emotional state at all times.
- Take responsibility for their physical actions and emotional state.
Among all other requirements of law, not threaten or intimidate another person, or encourage others to do so.
Whatsapp Core/ Main group post
- All posts should be restricted and be in only reference to RE only.
- Avoid sharing of general jokes, videos, and cartoons. There is separate group for same.
- Every individual has his or her freedom to express his thoughts and one should avoid use of profanity and thoughts of every member should be respected.
- Avoid sharing any text, image or video which has any sexual content or any content which is lascivious.
- Avoid sharing any information or message which offensive in nature as it attracts imprisonment upto 3 years and fine as per Information technology act section 66A.
- Avoid sharing of any information which contains image of private parts of a person without his or her consent and such acts would be violations of privacy and shall attract imprisonment upto 3 years and or fine upto 2 lacs as per Information technology act section 66E.
- Avoid transmitting obscene electronic material which is lascivious, an tends to excite lust or leads someone to become morally bad. On first conviction imprisonment upto 3 years and fine upto Rs 5 lacs and one subsequent conviction, imprisonment upto 5 years and fine upto Rs 10 lacs as per as per Information technology act section 67.
- Do not publish or transmit any material which is containing sexually explicit act as violations of the same attracts imprisonment upto 5 years and a fine upto Rs 10 lacs on first conviction and in subsequent conviction imprisonment upto 7 years and fine upto Rs 10 lacs as per Information technology act section 66A.
- Do not publish or transmit any material depicting children in sexually explicit act as violations of the same attract imprisonment upto 5 years and a fine upto Rs 10 lacs on first conviction and on subsequent conviction imprisonment upto 7 years and fine upto Rs 10 lacs as per Information technology act section 67B.
- There shall be no conversations or posts in reference to any religion, political party or nationality etc.
- Please verify authenticity of messages before circulating like blood donation, or regarding any natural calamity or any other event or incident which would be misleading or cause panic.
- One should respect thoughts of all members and if there is any disconnect or better suggestion or disagreement with any topic or content the same to be resolved either directly with the individual or seek assistance from Conflicts and Compliance Team for the same.
- Any content or post regarding Promotional and Marketing related post Should be Avoided If it’s Not Related to Royal Enfield or Ride .
- Avoid sharing of bulk photos or videos in the group and same could be uploaded on our site / FB page and link of the same could be shared.
- The management reserves the right to exclude any individual from the group if it feels the member has caused any unrest or has violated any code of conduct. 3 Warnings will be given, after that that person can be removed from group to maintain Discipline and brotherhood among the group.
- Admin shall communicate code of conduct at start of making group or Introducing new member.
- Have discipline to keep the discussion timings at late nights, not all are free at night, if there’s any valuable discussion going on beyond 11 pm, please create a temporary group of the interested people and continue in your own group.
- For fun purposes we have Chill groups, people loving booze also have a separate group, where you can chillax and put whatever post you want but not in the main group.
- If someone leaves the group try and get to know the reason why the person has done so, it will help us in improving ourselves.
- All riders are expected to follow lead and wings hand instructions
- No Flag other than Club flag are permissible,
- At any meeting point group will not wait for rider/s more than 10 minutes or ride coordinator/s feel suitable
- In case of breakdown, ride coordinator allocate experience rider/s, mechanic to resolve the issue and continue ride. Delayed riders are expected to catch next halt or destination
- All riders are expected to show mutual respect and discipline
- All are expected to follow all traffic rules
- Use hand signals
- Follow lane marking
- Don’t needlessly block the road
- Be predictable, don’t weave
- Honour others right way
- Use headlight all the time while riding
- All riders are expected to equipped with all safety gears
Website content Policy
Adult Content: We do not allow illegal sexual content, including image, video or textual content that depicts or encourages rape, incest, bestiality, or necrophilia. Do not post or distribute private nude or sexually explicit images or videos without the subject’s consent. If someone has posted a private nude or sexually explicit image or video of you, please report it to us at email@example.com.
Child safety: We have a zero-tolerance policy towards content that exploits children. Some examples of this include:
- Child sexual abuse imagery: We will terminate the accounts of any user we find publishing or distributing child sexual abuse imagery. We will also report that user to law enforcement.
- Pedophilia: We do not allow content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. For example, do not create groups with galleries of images of children where the collection of images or text accompanying the images is sexually suggestive, and do not publish content of a sexual nature involving an underage participant.
Hate Speech: www.royalindiandevotes.com is platforms for dedicated for Royal Enfield riders, managing rides, technical issues related to Royal Enfield & free expression. But we don’t support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
Crude Content: Don’t post content just to be shocking or graphic. For example, collections of close-up images of gunshot wounds or accident scenes without additional context or commentary would violate this policy.
Violence: Don’t threaten other people on www.royalindiandevotes.com. For example, don’t post death threats against another person or group of people and don’t post content encouraging our readers to take violent action against another person or group of people.
Harassment: Do not harass or bully others. Anyone using user/member of www.royalindiandevotes.com to harass or bully may have the offending content removed or be permanently banned from the site. Online harassment is also illegal in many places and can have serious offline consequences.
Personal and confidential information: It’s not ok to publish another person’s personal and confidential information. For example, don’t post someone else’s credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, unlisted phone numbers, and driver’s license numbers. Also, please keep in mind that in most cases, information that is already available elsewhere on the Internet or in public records is not considered to be private or confidential under our policies.
Impersonating others: Please don’t mislead or confuse readers by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization when you don’t. We’re not saying you can’t publish parody or satire – just avoid content that is likely to mislead readers about your true identity.
Illegal activities: Do not use www.royalindiandevotes.com website to engage in illegal activities or to promote dangerous and illegal activities. For example, don’t author a post encouraging people to drink and drive. Please also do not use www.royalindiandevotes.com to sell or promote illegal drugs. Otherwise, we may delete your content. Also, in serious cases such as those involving the abuse of children, we may report you to the appropriate authorities.
Regulated Goods and Services: Do not use www.royalindiandevotes.com to sell or facilitate the sale of regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices.
Spam: Spam takes several forms in www.royalindiandevotes.com, all of which can result in deletion of your account or group. Some examples include creating group designed to drive traffic to your site or to move it up in search listings, posting comments on other members/riders groups just to promote our site or product, and scraping existing content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains.
Malware and viruses: Do not create groups/posts that transmit viruses, causes pop-ups, attempt to install software without the reader’s consent, or otherwise impact readers with malicious code. This is strictly forbidden on www.royalindiandevotes.com.
Hacking and Website Defacement: Any member found involved directly or indirectly, actively or passively in hacking accounts of R!D members or in Web defacement of our website www.royalindiandevotes.com, the same would attract immediate termination of membership from the club and additionally the incident would be reported to Cyber cell for Investigation.
Respect of Fans
Fans of the Club, whose support makes the activities of the Club including the members of the Team possible, should be treated with respect. Club Riders should not engage in any behaviour that may insult, injure or threaten fans.
Respect of Community
Club Riders will often attract particular attention when engaged in off-field events and activities. Club Riders must take special measures to make every reasonable effort to achieve the following:
- Avoidance of placing themselves in circumstances where they may become engaged in confrontational or other emotionally-charged encounters.
- Any other circumstance which may involve the police or other public safety authorities.
Club Riders must view themselves as ambassadors and representatives of the Club and must make every reasonable effort to ensure that their conduct will measure up to that of “good citizenship”, characterized by treating others with courtesy and respect. The test that may be applied to such conduct is simply whether Club Riders would be proud to have their activities fairly reported on the front page of the local newspaper.
Respect of Media
Club Riders should respect our relationship with the media and should not engage in any behaviour that is derogatory, insulting or abusive to members of the media.
R1D adopt zero tolerance policy to any form of racism or racial discrimination
Privacy Law Requirements
This Code is subject to limitations or protections existing under the laws protecting rights to privacy, and will be applied subject to such limitations or protections
Consequences of Code Breaches
Complaints of breaches of this Code will be investigated at the direction of the Club’s “Conflict resolution, compliance management and legal representative” , or in the case of a complaint involving the ”Conflict resolution, compliance management and legal representative”, at the direction of the club management committee. In the normal course, in order for the Club to act on a complaint it should be in writing and signed by the complaining party and reasonable evidence regarding the validity of the complaint shall be available. The objective of the Club in determining whether a complaint should be investigated will simply be to do its best to achieve fairness between the Club Rider in respect of whom the complaint is made, and the complaining party, so as to eliminate complaints which are, for example, based solely on hearsay, are of a purely personal nature or otherwise do not properly require a response under this Code.
The investigation of a complaint will involve all normal processes of a thorough and fair examination of the facts and will provide an opportunity for all affected parties to bring forward relevant information. Conclusions reached as a result of the investigation will be reported in writing to the Management committee, the “Conflict resolution, compliance management and legal representative” will determine whether and what action should be taken regarding Club Riders. Action in this regard may include a direction regarding counselling or other remedial action, a reprimand or termination of riding. The objective of the “Conflict resolution, compliance management and legal representative” in this process is to uphold its core values as described in this Code. Accordingly, the Club will take action where it considers it appropriate to do so whether the circumstances arise by virtue of a complaint from a member of the public or whether the Club otherwise determines that such action is necessary.
Adoption of the Code
This Code was adopted by ROYAL INDIAN DEVOTE’S. Effective the February 16, 2015. Copies of the Code are directed to be provided to all Club Riders.
ROYAL INDIAN DEVOTE’S.
Vigilance & Compliance team.